(Pet Blog)Did you know that the pet care market size surpassed $232 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at over 6.1% CAGR between 2022 and 2027?
By 2027, the pet care market is expected to reach over 350 billion dollars which is incredible. So yes, the pet care industry is a multi-billion dollar industry.
If you’re into pet care blogging or looking to start a pet care blog, we’re going to discuss some of the best ways to make your pet care blog profitable. Let’s first start with the benefits of pet care blogging.
The Benefits of Starting Your Own Pet Blog
So what are the benefits of launching a pet blog? Here are a few of them.
- It helps convert website traffic into leads
- Helps you generate passive income from sources like affiliate marketing, selling your own products, etc
- It generates long-term results
- You’ll learn new things researching about pet care, food, etc
- You’ll build an online reputation
- You can connect with other like-minded pet bloggers like you and the list goes on
In this guide on how to start a pet blog, you’ll learn;
- How to pick a domain name
- How to set up hosting
- How to make money from pet blogging and many more
So are you ready? Let’s jump into the details.
How to Start a Pet Blog & Make Money from Your Pet Care Blog
A quick tip: Make sure to choose a TOPIC for your pet blog. Maybe you want to write about general pet care, or maybe you want to specialize in one type of animal, like dogs or cats. Focus on a specific topic if you want to quickly build a successful blog.
Pick a domain name
Choosing a memorable domain name is a must for your pet blog.
When choosing a domain name for your pet website, it’s important to think about your target audience and what words or phrases they might type into a search engine to find your site.
When it comes to choosing a domain name, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
First, you’ll want to choose a name that is clear and easy to remember. You’ll also want to make sure the name is available as a domain name.
Once you’ve chosen a name, you can check to see if it’s available by doing a domain search. If it’s not available, you may be able to find a similar name that is available.
Here’s a quick tip for you: use blog name generators as they help you quickly come up with a ton of domain name ideas.
You can use a free tool like Lean Domain Search to quickly find domain ideas.
Have a look;
As you can see above, once you enter any topic or keyword, you’ll instantly get lots of domain name ideas for your blog.
If you want more details, read our guide on finding a good domain name.
Purchase web hosting
Once you have a domain name, it’s time to choose a web host that’s both affordable and reliable.
When you are looking for a good web hosting company, you want to make sure that you are getting the best possible service.
Here are some of the benefits of using a good web hosting company:
- Speed: A good web hosting company will make sure that your website is loading quickly for your visitors. This is important for keeping them engaged with your site and also plays a key role in your search rankings.
- Security: A good web hosting provider will keep your website safe from hackers and other online threats
- Support: A reputed web host will provide excellent customer support, so you can always get help when you need it.
- Storage: A good web host will provide you with enough space to store your website and upload images, videos, etc.
- Affordability: Make sure to pick a web host that’s affordable
So what’s the ONE web host that checks all the boxes mentioned above?
If you’re launching a new pet blog, we HIGHLY recommend you Bluehost web host.
Why? Bluehost is one of the MOST popular web hosts in the world as it’s used by over 2 million websites.
Here are a few more reasons to choose Bluehost;
- Bluehost is extremely affordable as the one-year hosting costs you just around $35!
- Bluehost is officially recommended by WordPress itself
- Offers a plethora of hosting features including free SSL, SSD storage, unlimited emails, unlimited website hosting, etc
- It also offers a free domain name when you sign up for a hosting plan, as well as a free SSL certificate
- Bluehost is also one of the few hosting providers that offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with their service
So how to sign up for Bluehost? Here’s a quick tutorial on purchasing hosting from Bluehost.
Click on this link to visit the Bluehost website.
Quick note: With our special link, you’ll get Bluehost hosting only at $2.95 per month instead of $8.99 per month
Have a look;
Click on the Get Started Now button to continue.
Then, you’ll be redirected to their hosting plans page where you’ll see 3 shared hosting plans from Bluehost.
Go with their Basic plan (costs $2.95 per month) where you can install ONE website along with a free domain.
In case you’re curious, here are the 4 shared hosting plans offered by Bluehost.
- The Basic plan costs you $2.95 per month where you can install 1 website with 50 GB storage. You’ll also get a free domain, SSL, and CDN.
- Plus plan costs you $5.45 per month where you can install unlimited websites with unlimited storage. You’ll also get a free domain, SSL, CDN.
- Choice Plus plan costs you $5.45 per month where you can install unlimited websites with unlimited storage. You’ll also get a free domain, SSL, CDN, free backups, and free domain privacy.
- Pro plan costs you $13.95 per month where you can install unlimited websites with unlimited storage. You’ll also get a free domain, SSL, CDN, free backups, free domain privacy, and free dedicated IP.
Once you pick a plan, you’ll be taken to a domain registration page where you can either enter a domain or skip this step and create a domain later. It’s FREE to register a domain with Bluehost.
In the final step, you’ll need to create your account with Bluehost.
As you can see above, you can grab their Basic plan for 12 months only by paying $35.40 which is extremely affordable.
Finish the payment and you’re done. You’ll receive a welcome email from Bluehost once you make the payment. You can then install WordPress on Bluehost easily within a few minutes.
Choose an exciting design for your pet website
Once you’re done with the purchasing of web hosting, it’s time to pick a great theme for your pet care blog.
There are many free web designs available online, but if you’re not comfortable with web design yourself you can hire someone to create a theme for you.
What if you’re on a tight budget?
Go for premium themes.
The best thing about WordPress is that you get access to plenty of premium WordPress themes.
Here are two of the MOST popular premium WordPress themes that are worth every penny.
1. GeneratePress Theme
If you’re looking for a lightweight and fast WordPress theme, the GeneratePress theme is a great choice for you. We’re also using the same theme on our blog BloggersPassion.
It has a lot of customization options that you can use to easily design your website (even if you don’t know how to code). It’s also mobile-friendly and SEO-optimized.
GeneratePress comes with a built-in Customizer, which allows you to easily customize your site’s design and layout. There are also several child themes available, so you can choose the look and feel that’s right for your pet care blog.
How much does the GeneratePress theme cost?
GeneratePress offers the following two pricing packages.
1. Yearly plan: This is the cheapest plan from GeneratePress which costs you only $59 per year and you’ll get the following things with this plan.
- All premium features from GeneratePress
- Full access to the Site Library
- 1 year of updates
- 1 year of premium support
- Install it on up to 500 websites
2. Lifetime plan: Want to get access to lifetime updates and customer support? Then, go with this plan and it costs you $249 which is a one-time payment. You’ll get the following things with the Lifetime plan.
- All premium features from GeneratePress
- Full access to the Site Library
- LIFETIME updates
- LIFETIME premium support
- Use the theme on up to 500 websites
All the plans from GeneratePress offer you a 30-day money-back guarantee.
So what are you waiting for?
2. Astra Theme
WP Astra Theme is a fast, lightweight, and responsive WordPress theme that is suitable for any website.
Astra theme comes with a built-in customizer that allows you to customize your site’s colors, logo, and menus. WP Astra Theme also includes several page templates and widgets that you can use to create a powerful and professional website.
How much does the Astra theme cost?
Astra theme offers you the following three pricing plans.
1. Astra Pro: This is the cheapest plan from Astra which costs you $49 per year and gives you access to hundreds of customization options and you can use it on unlimited websites.
2. Essential Bundle: This plan costs you $169 per year and it gives you access to all the features from Astra Pro along with 180+ premium templates and WP Portfolio Plugin.
3. Growth Bundle: This plan from Astra costs you $249 per year and gives a full suite of website building tools including;
- Everything in Essential Bundle
- Convert Pro Plugin
- Schema Pro Plugin
- Ultimate Addons for Beaver Builder
- Ultimate Addons for Elementor
- SkillJet Academy Membership
All the plans from Astra offer you a 14-day money-back guarantee.
What are you waiting for?
Click Here to Try Astra Pro (starting only at $49/year)
Once your hosting and website design is done, you’re now ready to roll.
You can start creating a content marketing strategy to start getting more traffic and sales to your pet blog.
How to Make Money from Pet Blogging in 2022? Top 3 Ways!
So how can you start making money from a pet blog? There are a gazillion ways out there!
But here’s a handpicked list of PROVEN ways to make money from pet blogging in 2022.
1. Use affiliate marketing
Hands down, affiliate marketing is the BEST way to monetize ANY blog including a pet blog.
Did you know that we made over $400,000 from just one affiliate program?
In fact, we’re the TOP affiliate earners for the Semrush affiliate program.
Here’s some good news: you too can make a HUGE income from affiliate marketing.
Many pet product manufacturers have affiliate programs that you can sign up for and begin promoting their products right away.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money from pet blogging because it allows you to earn money even while you sleep.
You can join an affiliate program for free, promote their links or images of the items, and if someone clicks on them and buys the product, you’ll get paid! It’s as simple as that.
So how can you earn huge income from affiliate marketing? Here are a few quick tips for you.
Promote quality products: One of the best ways to make money through affiliate marketing is by finding a high-quality product to promote.
Make sure to look for pet products that are being offered through a reputable company. You’ll also want to make sure that the product you choose is one that is in demand and that people are likely to be interested in.
Find high-paying products: What’s the key to generating more income from affiliate marketing? Find a product that pays you hefty commissions. One thing to keep in mind when choosing a product to promote is the commission structure. You’ll want to find a product that offers a high commission rate so that you can make more money from each sale.
You can use affiliate marketing platforms like Amazon, eBay, CJ.com, Clickbank, ShareASale, etc to find high-paying products in the pet industry.
Create informative content: Finally, it’s important to create quality content that will help you sell the product you’re promoting. This content should be helpful and informative, and it should also be engaging enough to make people want to buy the product.
The best way to get readers interested in your blog is by putting out great content, so be sure to write posts that are original, engaging, and helpful. You don’t have to be an expert – just take your experiences with animals and spin them into exciting new stories.
You can also create helpful case studies on how to train a pet, talk about the food, pet care, and more.
Selling premium content can be a great way to make some extra money.
If you’re publishing excellent content, people would NOT hesitate to pay for premium content.
In fact, we’re selling our premium content in the form of eBooks which you can find from here.
Here’s an earning report of our recent eBook sales;
See that? There’s a HUGE earning potential with premium content.
By charging your website audience a fee for access to your best material, you can ensure that those who are most interested in what you have to offer are the ones who get to see it.
This can be a great way to boost your income and keep your best work protected from those who might not appreciate it as much.
Pet owners love learning about how to care for their pets and might pay for exclusive content such as paid eBooks, courses, video tutorials on pet care, etc.
Here are some quick tips to sell digital products (or) premium content.
- You could offer discounts in exchange for signing up to your newsletter list and include an option somewhere on your pet blog to sign up for a fee-based service
- To sell premium content, make sure to increase your blog’s exposure. Promote your blog through social media and email lists. Social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are great for building a following
- Don’t forget word-of-mouth – tell your friends and family about your new site and ask them to spread the word
- Last but not least: have fun! It takes a while to build up a big following, so be patient and enjoy yourself as you grow into the next great pet blogger. Aim for quality over quantity – that way you’ll keep your readers happy even if your blog isn’t getting thousands of hits a day.
3. Monetize your pet care blog with contextual ads
What’s the FASTEST way to monetize your pet care blog?
Try display advertising.
Display ad networks are a type of online advertising network that enables ads to be placed on websites by ad publishers. Advertisers then bid on the placement of these ads, and the display ad network then serves the ads to the relevant websites.
Google AdSense is one of the popular ad publishing networks that millions of website owners use to make money.
All you need to do is to pick a display ad network such as AdSense or Media.net (or any other ad publishing network), join and start earning money.
The money you make from these ad networks directly depends on your website traffic sources and the amount of traffic it gets. The more traffic your pet blog gets, the more money you can make. It’s as simple as that.
If you’re looking for AdSense alternatives, there are a ton of options out there including;
- Skimlinks and many more
Do’s and Don’ts of pet blogging to make money
Here are some of the do’s and don’ts of pet care blogging.
- Identify your readers. Find out who your target audiences are. Are they looking for specific information, tips, and tutorials related to pets, special dog breeds, or food-related stuff? Once you know your audience’s needs, you can easily build a blog that actually makes money.
- Know why you’re blogging. Are you doing it as a hobby? Do you want to help others to take care of their pets?
- Spend quality time on your blog as it takes time and lots of effort to build a better blog that makes money. Just like any other business, pet care blogging also takes most of your time and consistent efforts.
- Learn SEO and basic on-page optimization. If you really want to get more traffic, you should at least learn how to find great keywords and how to use those keywords within your content to drive traffic.
- Conclude all of your blog posts with a call to action. Find out what do you want to achieve with each of the blog posts that you publish on your blog. Is it more traffic, subscribers, comments, or social shares?
- Don’t publish a blog post on your blog without doing keyword research. There’s no point in creating lots of content without targeting even one primary keyword. Make sure to find low search volume keywords so you can quickly increase search traffic.
- Don’t stick to one form of blog content. Most bloggers use only one form to create content. If you really want to find a new audience, try and explore all forms of content types including videos, podcasts, infographics, blog posts, case studies, eBooks related to pet care blogging and so on.
- Don’t use cheap or free hosting as they suck. Get hosting from a reputed company that offers you excellent features at affordable prices. We suggest Bluehost as it is officially recommended by WordPress and used by over 2 million sites.
The Best 3 Pet Blogs to Follow in 2022
Searching for the best pet blogs and websites on the Internet to follow? Here’s a handpicked list of the 3 best pet blogs to follow.
Are you a dog lover and looking for an EXCLUSIVE pet care blog on dogs? Then, Dogster is a blog you should definitely follow.
If you’re looking to get insights on dog behavior, health, food, and more – Dogster is the perfect website for you where you can get expert advice.
Here are some of the things you can learn from this blog;
- Dog health & care
- Dog food
- Dog training
- Dog breeds and more
2. Walkin’ Pets by HandicappedPets.com
Walkin’ Pets is one of the popular pet care websites where you can find exclusive information on elderly, disabled, and handicapped pets.
You can find everything from dog wheelchairs to dog harnesses to pet products, and more on their website.
Here are some of the topics you can discover on their blog;
- Pet Health & Care
- Pet Food
- Dog wheelchairs
- Pet Toys and much more
Do you want to know how to travel with your pet but are not sure where to start? Then, you must check out the “Go Pet Friendly” blog.
Whether you’re planning a weekend road trip or exploring your own country along with your pet, you can use their tips, guides, and resources to have a memorable pet-friendly travel experience.
You can find the following things on their pet care blog;
- Pet Travel Tips & Resources
- Pet-Friendly Cities
- Pet-Friendly Trip Ideas and much more
FAQs | How to Start a Pet Blog
Here are some of the frequently asked questions around pet blogging.
How to start a pet care blog in 2022?
Choose WordPress, purchase web hosting from Bluehost and install WordPress on it. If you’re curious, here’s a simple tutorial on how to start a blog in 2022.
How to find blog post ideas?
How to get traffic to a pet care blog?
Here are some of the best ways to increase traffic to a pet blog.
– SEO (keyword research, link building, content creation)
– Email marketing
– Social media
– Guest posting on other pet care websites
– Paid ads (on Google, Facebook, Instagram, etc)
What are the top pet blogs to follow?
Here are a few of the top pet blogs to follow in 2022.
– Go Pet Friendly
– Walkin’ Pets
Do pet blogs make money?
Yes, one can make money from pet blogging in many ways including;
– selling affiliate products
– selling their own pet-related products
– selling premium content such as eBooks, membership sites, etc
– sponsorships, paid reviews, collaborations, and more
Final Thoughts on pet care blogging
Pet blogging is a great way to connect with other pet owners, learn about pet care, and make money online.
It can also help you promote your business if you’re running a pet-related business. If you don’t have a pet care blog or website yet, this is the RIGHT time.
Choose a catchy name for your pet blog. Decide on a focus for your blog. Do you want to write about all types of pets or just one type? Then, start creating interesting and informative content.
Have any questions related to starting a pet care blog? Let us know in the comments.